Can I remove freeze plugs and put hose into water pump forcing some debris out or block? Or?

Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Asked on December 31, 2021

1953 Plymouth Cambridge Flat head 6 engine. Nothing fancy or modifications done. All orginal.
Got car running/driveable but it sat outside for about 15 years under a tree before I bought it.

One Answer

You could or you could backfeed the hot out of the block after removing the thermostat then reverse the flow after.

Flushing tends to be needed if it is overheating, as you have not mentioned any issue like that then if it is running fine then just change the coolant and put in fresh antifreeze or anticorrosion as specified.

Answered by Solar Mike on December 31, 2021

Add your own answers!

Ask a Question

Get help from others!

© 2024 All rights reserved. Sites we Love: PCI Database, UKBizDB, Menu Kuliner, Sharing RPP